Acne is caused due to excessive oil production, hair follicles, and also bacteria that get clogged by dead skill, oil, and dust. Even hormonal changes, stress and some medications can cause acne to worsen. Acne breakouts can leave ugly marks on the face and other parts and can be quite difficult to get rid of. Even if you take care of your skin and have a healthy skin routine for your face and body, acne can happen to anyone for many different reasons. Sometimes, people with acne pop and squeeze them that can cause further scarring and take much longer for the skin to heal after that. While most people believe that acne scars are permanent conditions that you need to live with, there are different ways you can get rid of them permanently. The first thing most people do is try some home remedies and here are some of them –
- Apply Apple Cider Vinegar – ACD contains organic acid that kills acne-causing bacteria and also lightens the scar marks. Since ACD can have some burning effect, it is best to apply them very carefully.
- Honey and Cinnamon Mask – Honey and Cinnamon contain anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. Even though they offer many benefits to acne-prone skin, no studies have proven that they have acne grandview heights oh curing abilities.
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea Tree Oil contains anti-inflammatory properties and applying it to the skin help reduce the appearance of acne. However, they do not help to get rid of the acne marks permanently.
- Moisturize with Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera gel is used to heal wounds, fight inflammation, and also treat burns. Even though it offers benefits to people with acne-prone skin, ore research on its effect needs to be done.
- Take Zinc Supplement – It has been seen that people with acne have lower levels of zinc. By taking zinc orally, it can help reduce the appearance of acne again. Applying zinc to the skin does not work as the skin does not absorb zinc properly.
- Apply Green Tea – Green tea contains antioxidants and applying it directly to the skin has shown to help lighten the acne marks. You can also buy creams or lotions containing green tea.
If you have already tried all of the home remedies above and are not seeing any results and are worried that the acne scars are getting worse, you should opt for medical skin treatments. Even though home remedies have a positive effect on the skin, they are not always enough to get rid of the scars if your skin is prone to acne. On the other hand, laser treatments for acne scars offer a quick solution to get rid of acne scars quickly and help you get clear skin within a few treatment sessions.