Multiple sclerosis is a nerve disorder in which te spinal cord and brain becomes weak. Communication between your brain and other parts of body becomes weak. It can cause permanent damage to your nerves. People with MS have difficulty in walking and executing simple daily tasks.
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis
Its symptoms differ from person to person. Most common symptom is the diffuclty in movement of the limbs. Others include:
- Weakness of one or more limbs especially the legs
- Sudden sensations with neck movements especially bending the neck forward
- Irregular gait or walking pattern
- Blurry vision
- Stuttered speech
- Problems with bowel and bladder movements
Peopel with Ms can have recurring relapses of this disease time to time over the course of life span. They can be developed in severity fr weeks and months. Higher body temperature can make the symptoms adverse. The most advanced symptoms include unsteady gait and difficulty in mobility.
Causes of multiple sclerosis
Its causes are unknown. It is an autoimmune disease in which the immune system attacks its own tissues. This malfunction destroys the protective sheath of nerve fibers in teh brain and spinal cord. Some risk factors related to this disease are as follows:
- Age factor matters a lot. People around the age of 20 to 40 are the most vulnerable to this disease
- Women tend to have higher chances of getting this disease than men so gender matters
- Viral infections may lead to this disease
- If a person has a family history of thai disease then he is most likely to develop this disease
- White people have the most chances of developing this disease
- Countries with moderate climates are at higher risk of getting this disease
Some complications related to this disease are as follows:
- Muscle stiffness
- Mental changes
Treatment of multiple sclerosis
Certain medications can help a lot to treat this disease.
- Corticosteroids are given to the patients to reduce nerve inflammation. Other side effects may include high blood pressure, mood swings and high sugar levels. They can be purchased from a Canadian pharmacy online like 90daymeds. It sells medicines at discounted prices.
- Plasma exchange includes removal of plasma from the blood cells. The cells are then added into the protein solution and then inserted back into the body. The plasma is a liquid which is extracted from the blood cells for the treatment of this disease.