Clear aligners and metal braces both are excellent ways to correct the position of your teeth to optimize your bite and improve their function and appearance. Whichever option you may want to opt for, you will get optimal results.
Clear aligners in Coconut Creek may be preferred more by patients as they are nearly invisible and can be removed whenever you want. However, if you are confused between the two options, learning about their various advantages and disadvantages may help you decide.
Metal braces or conventional braces are one of the best-known orthodontic techniques for correcting your teeth. Metal or porcelain brackets are bonded to your teeth and interconnected with a wire. The tightness of this wire may vary. The setup applies a slight and steady pressure on your teeth to move them into their optimal position.
- Aligners can treat various dental issues. But, metal braces are used to treat all kinds of cases.
- Braces are unremovable; thus, you will never forget to take them out or wear them.
- Braces come in various colours, so you can choose the one you prefer. There are also porcelain braces that are discreet in nature.
- You have to modify your diet. Foods that stick to your teeth need to be avoided. You will also have to reduce the consumption of hard foods as they cause breakages.
- It can be challenging to clean your teeth with braces.
- Braces cause discomfort when they rub on cheeks and lips.
- They are more noticeable than clear aligners.
Clear aligners are discreet ways of orthodontic treatment. They neither use brackets nor wires. Clear aligners are a modern method of correcting your teeth, where a near-invisible customised tray is used to treat mild to moderate teeth problems. They work the same as braces. The only difference is in the material they are made of and their appearance.
- They are custom-made.
- They are nearly never noticeable.
- Your diet does not need to be changed, as you can remove clear aligners whenever you need to.
- You can maintain better hygiene with aligners as you can remove them before eating and brushing your teeth.
- They provide more comfort than metal aligners.
- You need to remove aligners before eating, which can be embarrassing to do in public.
- Metal braces can sometimes be more effective than clear aligners.
- Clear aligners can be expensive, and not everyone can afford them.
- For optimal results, you need to wear aligners for 22 hours a day. This means you can only remove them for eating and brushing, and you have to wear them again immediately.